Fun things to do on Spring Break – Woodlands/Houston
How are we already in March? I am really shocked February flew by so fast because January seemed like it lasted 3 years! Ha! March is such a wonderful time, the weather is getting warmer, but its not insanely hot, and the trees and plants are turning green and flowering! Its my second favorite season behind fall, because I mean who can beat fall with sweater weather and tall boots 🙂
I thought I would make a list of some of the things me and my family love to do in the Houston and Woodlands area during Spring break.
- Houston Zoo – I mean who doesn’t love the zoo. Pro tip get there early, like before it opens, and buy your tickets online to skip the lines. Parking can be bad if you get there too late. The animals are normally out in the morning when its cooler so you get all kinds of activity from them!
- Potteryland the Woodlands – we LOVE Potteryland, its indoors so if its raining such a perfect option to help your childs creativity. Its fun for all ages! Paint pictures, mugs, plates, states and more!
- Sk8town – Ok going old school here, but my 9 year old LOVES skating. The skating rink is a good option during rainy days, and also its kind of a hidden not so popular gem, so you get away from some of the crowds! Super budget friendly!
- Houston Museum of Natural Science – Ok so I am more of a fan of the science museum than the Childrens museum and so is my daughter and husband. You can see so many things here and DO NOT skip the butterfly exhibit! Its the best!! Also catch an IMax show while there!
- Laci Leigh Photography – Book a Spring photo session with me!! What a better time to book your Spring session during Spring break! Your kiddos are out of school and you just need to arrange mom and dads schedule to fit them in! Daylight savings time is occurring Sunday March 8th so late sessions are easy! You can do them after work if needed! I have weekday availability during Spring break week! Book at lacileighphotography.as.me
- Woodlands Resort – they have a heated pool! Go stay at the resort and enjoy the spring break activities they have planned and enjoy some pool time! Summers around the corner!
- Picnics in the Park – enjoy a free activity by playing in the local parks and having a picnic brought from home! Did you know in the Woodlands area alone has 128 parks!! So much to chose from!
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – What list wouldn’t include the Rodeo! Houston’s most fun and anticipated event of the year! Go enjoy the carnival, the rodeo and the concerts in the evening! AND UMMM enjoy the fried food and bbq!!
- Kemah Boardwalk – Just a short drive from Houston, Kemah is so much fun! Games, rides, restaurants, the pier and more!!! This is always a family favorite.
- Atkinson Farms – Locally in Spring, TX, go pick your own fresh produce or purchase from their store, such a fun activity for the kids and adults alike!