Bluebonnet Photographer – Woodlands Texas
Bluebonnet season is coming soon and its my favorite! I love all things bluebonnets!!! The flowers are gorgeous and this is an absolute MUST Texas tradition!
A few fun facts about bluebonnets and Texas:
- The Lupinus Texensic and Lupinus Subcarnosis (species of bluebonnets) only grow in Texas. That is why they are our state flower!
- Bluebonnets love full sun and can stand up to drought. This makes Texas the perfect place for them to thrive.
- Germination is key, you should plant them in October/November so the rainy winter months can help them grow. Most bluebonnets fields take years to grow in fully.
- They aren’t just blue! While most people think of the blue wildflower when thinking of bluebonnets, they can be found in white and shades of pink and purple.
- Depending on location, bluebonnets look best from late March to mid-April.
- Bluebonnets typically bloom along roadsides first, then fields!
- Its a tradition to have bluebonnet photos! But don’t eat them! They are toxic.
My bluebonnet sessions ranged from Mid March to the first week of April typically. This year they are planned for Sunday March 21st 2021! I am very excited to see you all as we had to miss out on the bluebonnets in 2020 due to COVID.
Here is info on my bluebonnet sessions this year. Due to the fields in the Conroe/Woodlands area being torn up (ALL four I used to rotate between have been mowed down!) I am only doing one evening at a private field in Navasota at Basecamp Farms with only 5 open spots available!
Bluebonnet Sessions 2021
Location – Navasota, TX
$350 – 7 images
10 min session
TENTATIVE – Sunday March 21st 2021
When booking bluebonnet sessions you MUST be flexible, dates are subject to change due to bloom time!
Book directly at this link for bluebonnet sessions 2021.
Want to book a family session? Lets chat!
Laci Leigh Photography is a photographer in the Woodlands area specializing in children and family portraiture. She is now booking for 2021 sessions and servicing The Woodlands, Houston, Spring, Conroe, Tomball, Cypress, Kingwood, Humble and Katy Texas areas.